Food Packaging: A Growing Trend
The demand for packaged food has been growing steadily over the last decade and more. Need for convenience, hygiene considerations and influx of ready-to-eat and ready-to-cook options, driven by changing lifestyles, growing incomes and increasing mobility are driving this demand. More and more consumers now prefer packaged edible oil, food grains, milk, snacks, mithai, etc. over the traditionally popular loose products.
The pandemic has only added to the situation, causing the market to boom further.
Today, supermarkets and restaurants too are opting for packaged staples, pre-packaged salads and cut vegetables, etc. Many food sellers are shifting to selling pre-made meals that are then frozen or packaged in film-covered trays.
HOW TO CHOOSE THE RIGHT FOOD PACKAGING MACHINE
Needless to say, you must go for the food packaging machine that suits your business requirement the best, there are some basic criteria to consider.
Size and weight of the machine:
The space you have for the machine and its operators plays an important role when selecting your food packaging machine. Size and weight of the machine should suit your facility.
Ease of operation:
Keep in mind the skills and aptitude of your staff who are going to operate the machine. Go for a food packaging machine that your operators can handle easily, or can be easily trained to operate.
Cost of running & maintenance:
Find out the average cost of running the machine you propose to purchase. Regular use means it will require regular maintenance, so ask about annual maintenance contracts. Sometimes, parts may need to be repaired or replaced. Be aware of such expenditures when calculating investment cost and ROI.
Flexibility for growth/diverse products:
While you will be buying the automated packaging machine for a specific product, choose a machine that has the flexibility and versatility to package other products too. With minimum adjustments and easy changeover. After all, you may expand your product range in the near future, and your current packing machine should be capable of handling it. Most Vertical Form Fill Seal Machines work flawlessly with various packaging products no matter what the size, shape or content you put in the bags.
Reliability of the manufacturer:
Be aware of the manufacturer’s track record. You might even contact other customers to find out their experience, and get first-hand information regarding services and support.
LEADING FOOD PACKAGING SOLUTIONS INDIA
In India, Nichrome is a pioneer and leader in food packaging solutions. For over four decades, Nichrome has designed and developed food packaging machines, filling systems and integrated packaging solutions for packaging edible grains, pulses, powders, liquids, viscous and ready-to-eat foods.
As top packaging machine manufacturer, Nichrome offers a range of machines and technologies for practically every possible food application.
Main technologies offered by Nichrome:
- VFFS – high-speed, accurate vertical packaging machines for the widest range of liquids, solids, powders & viscous
- HFFS – linear technology offering outstanding versatility for different products and diverse pouch formats
- VFFS Multilane–sachet filling machines, generally used for smaller pouch sizes and sachet packaging, popular in the hospitality & travel industries
- PFS (Pick-Fill-Seal) – Rotary technology, preferred for packing ready-to-eat foods in innovative pouch formats
- Preformed Tray Sealing – Italian technology for packing ready-to-eat and ready-to-cook foods in protective modified atmosphere (MAP)
- Tin Filling – PLC-controlled line for packing powders, sugar, rice, dry fruits, candies, pan masala, etc. in a variety of tin sizes
Main food applications served by Nichrome:
- Milk and liquids – Nichrome’s Filpack Servo 12K is India’s fastest milk/liquid packaging machine
- Oil and viscous – Nichrome’s Filpack Servo SMD offers innovative, high-speed packing in 3-side seal pillow pouches
- Sugar – Nichrome offers multiple machines to pack sugar in quantities up to 10 Kgs
- Salt – Machines with anti-corrosive construction and minimum moving parts designed specifically for salt packaging
- Snacks – A range of machines for different snacks. Wing 200 E-line is designed especially for start-ups & SMEs
- Powders – Nichrome’s Maxima 400 is the fastest powder packaging machine for ground spices, soup mixes, pre-mix powders, dairy whitener, etc.
- Grains and pulses – Nichrome’s Excel Plus series has a solution for practically every food grain and pulse
- Tea & coffee – From small sachets to bulk packs, Nichrome’s range of tea packaging and coffee packaging machines can handle it all
- RTE/RTC – Nichrome’s PFS, with special RTE fillers and rotary filling & sealing technology, is the ideal RTE packaging machine for ready-to-eat and ready-to-cook foods
Whether you are a large MNC with a range of food products or a snack producing startup; a dairy looking to package the raw milk collected or a hotel introducing ready meals; a supermarket selling cut vegetables & fruits or an edible oil factory – trust Nichrome to provide the most efficient and cost-effective packaging solutions India. Highly reputed amongst automatic filling machine manufacturers, Nichrome assures innovative designs and customisation, high quality manufacturing, reliable spares & service support, and dedicated partnering from concept to commissioning.