Namkeen Packaging with Nichrome’s Sprint Series
Munching on namkeen and other snacks is an old practice in India. However, in recent years, the number of available namkeens has grown exponentially. Researchers claim there are around 1000 snack items sold in India – of different tastes, forms, textures, aromas, sizes, shapes and fillings.
The namkeen market is a fast growing one in India. Indians seem to have rediscovered their taste for traditional Indian snacks such as sev, bhujia, namkeen mixtures, ghatiya, papdi, masala nuts, chevra, chaklis, fried daals, etc. Traditional snacks now account for more than half the snack market with both multinationals and homegrown companies pushing namkeens farther and wider with attractive packaging and pricing.
The market is expanding further as health- and hygiene-conscious consumers with more purchasing power turn to packaged namkeens rather than loose namkeen from the neighbourhood ‘namkeenwala’ or ‘mithaiwala’.
in Snack Packaging
Aiding this growing market is Nichrome, India’s leading packaging machine manufacturer. With decades of experience in the industry, and indepth knowledge of diverse applications, Nichrome has innovated several namkeen packaging machines. These machines are designed to handle the wide range of namkeen and snacks, preserving the shape, flavours, textures and freshness for longer shelf life and consumer satisfaction.
Let’s take a look at two namkeen packaging machines from Nichrome: Sprint 250 Snackpack and Sprint 250 Plus Multihead Weigher.
Sprint 250 Snackpack
Designed especially for the snack industry, Sprint Snackpack is a snack packaging machine that offers quick and easy tool-less changeover of size parts resulting in minimum product falling height.
Sprint Snackpack packs a wide variety of namkeens, snacks and similar food products in pouch formats such as the CSPP, Gusset with D-cut and Gusset. The perforation system makes it possible to produce chain of small pouches on this automated snack packaging machine.
• Continuous motion high-speed machine designed especially for snack food application
• Reputed CE marked PLC controller with touch screen MMI
• Control of critical operations by 4 axis servo motion
• Mechanism to offer superior bloating effect for the pack
• Optimum product falling height
• Special poker attachment for chips
• Specially designed quick and easy tool-less changeover of size parts
• HACCP & GMP compatible construction
• Perforation mechanism to produce chain of pouches
• Output speed: 150 packs/min.
Namkeen, Potato Chips, Puffed Snacks, Dry Fruits, Wrapped Candies, Macaroni, Hi-count Biscuits, Pasta, Breakfast Cereals
Sprint 250 Plus Multihead Weigher
For pouch quantities up to 2 Kgs, Nichrome’s Sprint 250 Plus with Multihead Weigher offers accuracy and efficiency for flexible packaging in CSPP and Gusset pouches. Sprint 250 Plus is an automated machine with CE marked PLC and touch screen HMI. Its servo motor driven sealing system can effectively seal with pressure levels maintained. It is programmed to pull the exact length of film required for packaging, and offers a perforation system to deliver a chain of small pouches.
• Automation equipped with CE marked PLC & touch screen HMI
• Servo motor driven film pulling system for precise length control
• Servo motor driven sealing system for effective sealing pressure
• Sturdy, versatile and compact construction
•Perforation system to offer chain of pouches
• Motorised film reel unwinding control
• Built-in safety door guards with machine-off interlock
• Built-in jumbo roll trolley suitable for 600 mm dia/40 kg film roll
• Integration to upstream and downstream machines/systems
• Output speed: 120 pouches/min.
Indian Namkeen, Potato Chips, Puffed Snacks, Kurkure, Dry Fruits, Wrapped Candies, Macaroni, Hi-count Biscuits, Pasta, Breakfast Cereals, Seeds, Soya Chunks, Whole Spices.
For manufacturers of namkeens and other snacks, looking to improve their packaging for wider market reach, Nichrome is the go-to packaging solutions provider. Nichrome will study your products and their individual needs and develop a suitable solution. Right from design, manufacturing, installation, commissioning and post-sales support, Nichrome partners to deliver performance and productivity for packaging lines.
The Nichrome range of automated packaging machines, filling systems and complete, integrated packaging solutions are built with the latest technology and sturdy construction, tailored for specific applications. Nichrome’s unbeatable knowledge and experience of diverse industry applications, on-going R&D and nation-wide service & spares support make Nichrome the packaging partner of choice for enterprises large, medium and small.